Wellington want to continue perfect start to the season
wrfu.co.nz and James mortimer 12 Sep 2013 Getty Images
The team remains similar to that which ran on against Northland last week, however, a number of injuries will see a slight shuffle within the forward pack.
In the absence of an injured Ross Filipo, Brad Shields moves into lock alongside Kaipati Gaualofa. That opens up a spot for Genesis Mamea who will have his first start in the number 6 jersey. Wing Ambrose Curtis also gets a start in place of an injured Matt Proctor, while flanker Pau Halifihi, and fullback Andrew Wells, both grab a spot on the bench.
Kick-off for this week five clash is at 7.35pm on Thursday at Westpac Stadium, Wellington.
The Lions will have nine days off before hosting Canterbury during the Wellington Rugby Football Union’s Old Timers’ Day at Westpac Stadium on Saturday, 21 September.
The Ricoh Wellington Lions line-up is as follows:
1. Reggie Goodes (Poneke)
2. Motu Matu’u (Oriental-Rongotai)
3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen (Marist St Pats)
4. Brad Shields (Petone)
5. Kaipati Gaualofa (Tawa)
6. Genesis Mamea (Wainuiomata)
7. Ardie Savea (Oriental-Rongotai)
8. Victor Vito (c) (Marist St Pats)
9. Frae Wilson (Wainuiomata)
10. Lima Sopoaga (Old Boys University)
11. Joe Hill (Old Boys University)
12. Shaun Treeby (Tawa)
13. Tim Bateman (Old Boys University)
14. Ambrose Curtis (Oriental-Rongotai)
15. Charlie Ngatai (Poneke)
16. John Schwalger (Norths)
17. Eric Sione (Norths)
18. Pau Halifihi (Oriental-Rongotai)
19. Adam Hill (Old Boys University)
20. Tomasi Palu (Norths)
21. Andrew Wells (Marist St Pats)
22. Afa Fa’atau (Oriental-Rongotai)