Waikato name team for East Coast Shield Challenge
mooloo.co.nz and James Mortimer 30 Jul 2013 getty
Other players returning to the squad for Waikato’s second shield challenge of the year are lock Sam Kilgour, Number 8 Adam Burn and New Zealand Sevens representative Tim Mikkelson on the wing.
Also, on the bench prop Lionel Wairau and midfield back Watene Waenga both make their return to the Waikato team after several years absence.
Waikato has a quick turnaround before their first ITM Cup pre-season fixture - against North Harbour at Beetham Park in Hamilton on Friday 2 August (kick off 5.00pm).
Their final pre-season hit out is against Taranaki on Thursday 8 August at Island Reserve in Otorohanga (kick off TBC).
Waikato ITM Cup season memberships are available for the five home games at Waikato Stadium. Head to www.ticketdirect.co.nz for details.
The Waikato team to play East Coast at Whakarua Park in Ruatoria this Tuesday (kick off 2.30pm) is:
1. Latu Talakai (Fraser Tech)
2. Brayden Mitchell* (Hautapu)
3. Paul Alo-Emile* (Rebels)
4. Brian Alainu'uese (University)
5. Sam Kilgour (Hautapu)
6. Whetu Douglas (University)
7. Jono Armstrong [captain] (Te Awamutu Sports)
8. Adam Burn (Hamilton Old Boys)
9. Kylem O'Donnell* (Hamilton Old Boys)
10. Trent Renata (University)
11. Semisi Masirewa (Morrinsville Sports)
12. Joe Perawiti (Otorohanga)
13. Marnus Hanley (Hautapu)
14. Tim Mikkelson (University)
15. Dylan Collier (Hamilton Old Boys)
16. Hame Faiva (University)
17. Lionel Wairau (Hamilton Marist)
18. Chris Middleton (Te Awamutu Sports)
19. Rory Grice (Otorohanga)
20. Mick Snowden* (Force)
21. Watene Waenga (Hamilton Marist)
22. Glen Robertson (Fraser Tech)
Most popular News:
Manawatu promoted to the ITM Cup Premiership24.Oct.2014
Rugby World Cup tickets selling like hotcakes24.Oct.2014
Stats heaven: ITM Cup, Heartland Championship and WPC Finals24.Oct.2014
Honey Hireme on the wing for Waikato24.Oct.2014
SANZAR gives the nod to Japan for Investec Super Rugby24.Oct.2014
Next generation of Women’s players strut their stuff in Waikato24.Oct.2014