Springboks confirm Tests for 2013
sarugby.co.za 10 Jan 2013 Getty Images
The second round will be played at the Mbombela Stadium in Nelspruit – the first-ever Test at that venue.
This change in venue has been effected due to a clash with the Top Gear motoring event in Durban on June 15 and 16.
Furthermore, the Springboks will play their away-fixtures during The Investec Rugby Championship in Mendoza on August 24 (against Argentina), Brisbane on September 7 (against Australia) and Auckland on September 14 (against New Zealand).
In November, the Springboks will return to France for the first time since 2009. It will only be the third Test against the French since South Africa won the Rugby World Cup in Paris in 2007. The venue for this Test still has to be confirmed by the hosts.
The Springboks will also play Tests against Scotland and Wales on their traditional season-ending tour to Europe.
All home matches are subject to the conclusion of commercial terms with planned hosting venues and all fixtures are subject to change.
The Springboks 2013 fixtures are:
Castle Incoming Tour (the All Blacks will play France in the Steinlager Series during this time):
• Saturday, June 8 (Mr Price Kings Park, Durban): Scotland v Samoa; Springboks v Italy
• Saturday, June 15 (Mbombela Stadium, Nelspruit): Samoa v Italy; Springboks v Scotland
• Saturday, June 22 (Loftus Versfeld, Pretoria): Team 3 v Team 4 ; Team 1 v Team 2
The Investec Rugby Championship:
• Saturday, August 17 (Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein): Springboks v Argentina
• Saturday, August 24 (Estadio Malvinas Argentinas, Mendoza): Argentina v Springboks
• Saturday, September 7 (Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane): Australia v Springboks
• Saturday, September 14 (Eden Park, Auckland): New Zealand v Springboks
• Saturday, September 28 (DHL Newlands, Cape Town): Springboks v Australia
• Saturday, October 5 (Ellis Park, Johannesburg): Springboks v New Zealand
Castle Outgoing Tour:
• Saturday, November 9 (Murrayfield, Edinburgh): Scotland v Springboks
• Saturday, November 16 (Millennium Stadium, Cardiff): Wales v Springboks
• Saturday, November 23 (Venue TBC): France v Springboks
Most popular News:
Tasman defeat Wellington for first time in history21.Sep.2014
Editorial: All Blacks and Hansen keen to defy history and losing21.Sep.2014
Otago send Waikato and their attacking game packing21.Sep.2014
Manawatu thump Southland to top table20.Sep.2014
Auckland dominant in 'Battle of the Bridge'20.Sep.2014
Magpies win second Shield defence despite Steamers guts20.Sep.2014